An excerpt from my journal written on March 1, 2021 (with added notes in red):
It’s 5:30am and I sit here wondering what my purpose is in this life. Maybe this is a lingering question we will always have that never really gets satisfied. Maybe there isn’t really a deep rooted purpose, but a constantly evolving surface level ideal…
“What’s my purpose today?” as a likely example. I know I have responsibilities, but how do these tie to purpose? I find them laboring, yet that is life. EVERY ACTION REQUIRES ENERGY AS ITS FORM OF CURRENCY. (I’m going to TM that) What am I willing to give my energy to today? I have a dedicated allotment to my family. Sometimes other this peel from this energy not giving me the full attention I require to stay true to this responsibility.
Is purpose something we must question continually? One day I feel different to the next. Motivation is high, effort is low…others are quite the opposite. How does that in itself define purpose?
Things I enjoy:
• Giving people nutrition advice but not necessarily working directly with them (NOTE: I feel this is more a reflection of wanting to be heard globally – I truly enjoy working with individuals)
• Lifestyle focus and guidance – probably more than the above (nutrition work)
• Self Improvement
• Sharing of Knowledge (expanding on the idea in the nutrition note)
So, what is my purpose today?
- Prepare for the coming change
- Reflect on how far you’ve come (need to do this more regularly)
• What have you gained?
• What have you lost?
- Stop thinking so much about the next move and focus on what is in front of you (YES)
- Be present
- Be joyful
- Consistently think back to the things that you enjoy